Wondering about ways to get seen and heard on Facebook?
Let’s master a few simple success tips for organic Facebook marketing that you can use TODAY.
Here are a few friendly steps to improve your visibility using the Facebook algorithm.
YOUR FRIEND LIST MATTERS on FACEBOOK.
.Like climbing the corporate ladder, it’s often not just what you know, but whom you know.
Adam Mosseri VP, News Feed at Facebook stated in his 2017 keynote address at the F8 Summit, “the most critical input into what you see in your news feed is who you decide to friend and what [pages] you decide to follow in the first place.”
GET BUSY BUILDING YOUR “DREAM 100 CLIENT LIST”.
Do you have an “ideal client avatar”(ICA) fleshed out? What about your “Dream 100” client list? If you’re just getting started in business — try making a TOP TEN Dream Clients list. Otherwise, take a moment to refresh and update your current ICA.
Here’s a possible game plan. Follow your dream clients in their groups. Post positive, helpful comments online. Touch base regularly by engaging in their content now and then. Like. Follow. Share. Comment.
What goes around comes around! The more often you participate, the better you get — and the more visible you become.
MAKE SURE YOU’RE SHARING WHAT YOUR DREAM LIST WANTS TO SEE.
Where to start? That’s easier said than done sometimes. Take time for a “virtual coffee date” with someone who is your ideal client. Make a list of helpful questions.
Do you know what your ideal client’s pain points are? Try these questions.
- What are your top 3 goals for your business this year? In six months?
- What are the top 3 challenges you face in growing your business?
- What kind of help would you like from _________ (name your business)?
KEEP YOUR AUDIENCE INTERESTED.
Social media equals sharing opinions. Facebook surveys are a great tool to spark conversations and gather information. Ask only three questions at time. Show appreciation and empathy when your Facebook audience responds. Then compile your data about your ICA.
FOCUS ON PROVIDING SOLUTIONS — NOT RANTING ABOUT PROBLEMS.
Negative posts, comments, and feedback WILL harm your Facebook algorithm.
As HelloWoofy always likes to say, “Stay Paws-itive.” Being helpful will win you more followers, likes, and shares.
Here are a few positive ways to use your FB page to promote your business.
- Offer user-friendly tips about your product or service.
- List pitfalls that your product or service helps your client avoid.
- Link to a PDF “User Guide” download for your product or service on your FB page
- Host “Ask me anything” FB lives relevant to your product or service (within reason, of course)
- Include a pic and a real life adventure of your favorite furry friend. (No kidding — pets do bring you limelight on many social media platforms). Then ask them to share theirs. Nothing like a fun ice-breaker to warm the Facebook atmosphere.
Facebook evolves continually. There will always be algorithm changes. But you can never go wrong with consistent content that is friendly, positive, and relevant to your unique buyer persona. We’re absolutely “paws-itive”!
#facebookalgorithm #marketingonFB #socialmediamarketing